Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

June 25, 2010

Insufficient Funds: Colore Non Vedenti

Insufficient Funds is a regular post in which we feature a free, or very close to it, piece of media that you can enjoy without overdrafting your bank account. So if you're low on funds, stay tuned to Cerebral Pop every Friday morning.

Colore Non Vedenti is a short film made by Jay Cheel of FilmJunk.com. I'm not exactly a horror movie connoisseur, so I can't tell you about all the influences I'm sure Jay had when making this. But I've listened to the Film Junk podcast for a couple years now and I can assure you, he was most definitely influenced by plenty of people.

Even without any old horror movie knowledge, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. In a half hour it tells a pretty engaging story that kept me interested throughout. And I'm really impressed with the acting ability he managed to round up from a bunch of his friends. It is pretty fascinating through all of the drama, and the end made me chuckle.

You can watch the whole thing here, as well as listen to multiple amusing commentary tracks. Hit the jump for the trailer if you need some more convincing.

2 comments:

Reed Farrington said...

Alex, for the record, Jay was able to get some professional actors (or at least actors with credits) for the lead roles.

Jay wisely made sure my role didn't require any lines.

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

Ah, alright. I probably should have researched that a little better. But I think he picked the best role ever for you, Reed! The way you just stared ahead blankly from the end of that table gave me the chills. You definitely looked like you were under alien control.

It made me laugh that he credited you as "Monster Truck".

Post a Comment