Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

July 20, 2011

Shuffled Podcast #14: The Rap Connection

Every other Wednesday I share my love of music in an assortment of ways. Shuffled is a podcast whose format is as varied as my tastes in music, so hopefully you won't ever be bored and everyone can find something to enjoy.

On this episode of Shuffled, I do my best to remedy a big gap in the music I feature by inviting on someone who grew up listening to rap. Brian Shirk joins me to discuss how he discovered rap, why he connected to it so much, and some of his favorite artists. It's an all rap edition of Shuffled! Which might never happen again, unless Brian wants to come on again. Because, frankly, I'm out of my element here. I think I said something about hoes. Oh god, that's embarrassing.

Track List

1. Z-Ro - T.H.U.G. (True Hero Under God) (From: I'm Still Livin)
Buy the MP3 or album.
2. Z-Ro - Battlefield (From: I'm Still Livin)
Buy the MP3 or album.
3. Z-Ro - You (From: Crack)
Buy the MP3 or album.
4. Trae - Days of My Life (From: Losing Composure)
Buy the MP3 or album.
5. Trae - In The Ghetto (From: Same Thing Different Day)
Buy the MP3 or album.
6. K-Rino - The Plan (From: Annihilation of the Evil Machine)
Buy the MP3 or album.
7. K-Rino - Representin' (From: Alien Baby)
Buy the MP3 or album.


MP3 | iTunes | RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment