Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

August 17, 2011

Shuffled Podcast #16: Factory Edition

Every other Wednesday I share my love of music in an assortment of ways. Shuffled is a podcast whose format is as varied as my tastes in music, so hopefully you won't ever be bored and everyone can find something to enjoy.

I felt like there was too many talk-centric episodes in a row, so I made a music-filled episode. This time, I tried my hand at hand-picking a playlist of music based around a topic, much like Alex Martin does with Unoriginal Soundtracks, though, my topic is my new job, not a video game. Hop on the rollercoaster of emotions that is my day-to-day grind, and enjoy the tunes that describe those emotions.


Track List

1. The Vines - Factory (From: Highly Evolved)
Buy the MP3 or album.
2. Oh No! Oh My! - Go To Work (From: Daytrotter Session)
Download their session for free here.
3. Man At Arms - Horrible Professions (A Modern Blues on the Plight of the Contemporary Worker and His/Her Lack of Options) (From: Being and Commerce)
Buy the MP3 or album.
4. Animal Collective - My Girls (From: Merriweather Post Pavilion)
Buy the MP3 or album.
5. The Dwarves - Working Class Asshole (From: Are Born Again)
Buy the MP3 or album.
6. Mr. Bungle - Intro/Squeeze Me Macaroni (From: OU818)
7. Screeching Weasel - I Wanna Be a Homosexual (From: Kill the Musicians)
Buy the MP3 or album.



MP3 | iTunes | RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment