Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

November 15, 2011

Cerebral Pop Contest: Win an XLBA or PSN card


We know. Our impromptu hiatus has left you feeling down? Sorry. The staff at Cerebral Pop has been pretty busy lately, but as we speak emails are being sent about getting some more content back on the site. Still, while we've been busy with other hassles of life, our podcasters have been trying their best to keep you entertained, so we think a contest is in order to help give them the thanks they deserve. There are two ways to enter! Here are the details:

The Monthly Music Wrap-Up is getting a little too big for its britches and needs an upgrade, which has helped me to realize how costly podcasting really is. If you want to help out a little with those hosting costs that we've agreed to take on for the love of podcasting, we would certainly accept it, as well as enter you into the drawing for either an XBLA or PSN card (of your choosing). Just click on the donate button over there on the right and be sure your PayPal info includes your name and an email I can reach you at should you win. All donations will be split amongst the three podcasters on site and anything over our normal hosting fees will be saved for other site use (like advertising or something).

Don't worry though, you don't have to pay your way into this contest. If you can't afford to kick a few bucks our way, we completely understand. Just throw us some kind words in the form of an iTunes review instead (or as well). Right up above this post you'll find links to all four of our shows under the heading, "Subscribe to our Podcasts:". Those links will take you right to the iTunes pages where you can comment away. (Hint: We prefer 5 stars. Makes us feel special.) After you give us a glowing review (or brutal honesty -- we can take it, just don't be too mean.) just shoot me an email at CerebralPop [at] gmail [dot] com and let me know your iTunes username. I'll throw you in the drawing, even if you're already in there for donating!

So there you go. Two chances to win one of two prizes! Hurray! I will also gladly open this contest to anyone and everyone in the world, provided there is some site I can purchase other region points cards from and have them just send me the number instead of ship it. Anyone know of one?

In the meantime, feel free to start donating/commenting. The contest will be running through the end of November. Thanks for being fans of our work despite a lull in content! We promise we'll be getting out more articles to accompany the podcasts very soon.

3 comments:

wolfkin said...

I've bought PSN cards from PCGameSupply.com before I'm US and I moved to Canada and I've been here too long. Since my account is US and there's no way to change it I'm stuck buying PSN cards online (not gonna lose /readd all my friends and I prefer to have all my stuff on one account) I've been trading with a Canadian in the US I know but I decided that every once in a while I'd not mind paying the extra $5 to have no hassle. I can pay with PayPal (which is my big issue, my US cards have no money so no credit card and even paypal is a nightmare to load up) and they e-mail me the code. There's a bit of "let us call you on a real phone first" hassle to set up but after that one time thing it's all lickity split.

If my info is helpful enough for an entry that's cool. is not then you're welcome to it either way.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/

Luis said...

oh damn! I wanna enter...... QUICK, fire me so I can participate in this!
haha

great contest!

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

Thanks for the info wolfkin! I'll look into that site if someone from another country happens to win.

You don't have to donate to get an entry, though. You can also just leave a review on one of our four podcasts.

Post a Comment