Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

June 15, 2010

Video Round-Up: E3 Edition

Video Round-Up is a weekly post collecting an assortment of videos from around the web. Whether they be music videos, creative viral marketing, just plain cool, or just plain ridiculous, they will all be found on Video Round-Up.

The Electronic Entertainment Expo is in full-swing down in Los Angeles, and that means the gaming press is chock-full of new game announcements, game trailers, and other bits of sweet gaming news. Don't care about video games? Well, then I guess you'll want to steer clear of this round-up.



Holy crap! Have you seen the line-up for the 3DS?! Sorry, nerd freak out there. But seriously, Nintendo said all the right things to make me want a 3DS the moment it is released... except for the price. If this thing comes out at $200 it'd easily cement Nintendo's dominance in the handheld market with another hit. I had my eyes set on a new handheld from this E3, and wasn't sure if it'd be the 3DS or a new PSP, but since Sony didn't announce a single thing (not even a price drop on the PSP Go) I guess they made my decision. Still, a 3D handheld that takes 3D pictures, runs 3D movies, and has a line-up including Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Pilot Wings and more certainly helps seal the deal.



I never promised all of these videos would be E3 related. Finally! Someone taking their marketing to focus groups to help determine something that everyone can enjoy! It's about damn time, America. It's about damn time.



Oh man, Scribblenauts is roping me back in again. I was so pumped for the first game that I spent far longer trying to struggle my way through it than I ever should have. But with those two simple words: Refined Controls, I'm back in it. The adjective system looks awesome as well. PLEASE DON'T DISAPPOINT ME AGAIN!



Apart from being one of only a few really great moments of Sony's press conference, Kevin Butler's speech is actually pretty spot-on for gaming as a whole. It shows that Sony is aware of exactly what that room full of snarky game journos were thinking about Move. Why do gamers feel they need to look down their noses at the "casual" audience? We really need to stop that. I mean, that doesn't mean I'm excited about anything the Move has to offer, but still.

2 comments:

Isaiah said...

Too bad DEVO wasn't at E3...damn that would have been sweet!

Chris Whitehead said...

Great round-up. I wouldn't have thought to do an E3 theme, so good for thee. That DEVO video is amazing and awful at once.

Post a Comment