Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

April 11, 2012

Watch or listen to this fantastic La Dispute session by Audiotree


I hadn't heard of Audiotree before La Dispute shared this session on their Facebook, but I was immediately a fan. The site invites talented bands and musicians to perform short sets -- much like Daytrotter, LaBlogotheque, and other sites I can't think of right now or don't know about. Their sound quality and camera work is top notch, though, easily helping them fit right in with the best.

Now, if you haven't heard of La Dispute, allow me to sell you on them as well. While their home base is a scant 45 minutes from me I only heard them this past year, but I fell in love right away. Singer Jordan Dreyer's talk-sung lyrics sound like they're straight from a journal, and the stories he tells through that style are heart-breaking, inspiring, contemplative, insightful, and extremely well written. Honestly, when I first heard some of the songs on their latest release I was glued to my headphones waiting to hear the ending like I would a great movie or book. They're like a post-hardcore The Hold Steady, which is a pretty weird but very apt description.

Hit the jump to watch the video of the session, or click here to listen to the audio (conveniently broken into tracks).

0 comments:

Post a Comment