Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

January 28, 2011

Insufficient Funds: Hot Sugar - Muscle Milk EP

Insufficient Funds is a weekly post in which we feature a free, or very close to it, piece of media that you can enjoy without overdrafting your bank account. So if you're low on funds, stay tuned to Cerebral Pop every Friday morning.

I don't listen to a lot of electronic music, but I usually enjoy it when I do. I just need a good, solid recommendation, and when the word free is put before that recommendation it is a huge motivating factor to me actually checking it out. That's why I jumped right on Hot Sugar's new EP, Muscle Milk.

The Needle Drop describes it as lo-fi, quirky beatmusic, and it certainly is both of those things. I'm a fan of some pretty weird music, so there was nothing that could turn me off. Personally, I love that it feels like there is absolutely no structure to the songs at all and they could turn on a dime at any second.

The EP is nine tracks long and features a guest vocalist on two of them. I've listened to it several times in the last 24 hours, and have enjoyed it every time. If you're looking for something good to throw on in the background it will fill that role quite well. Here are some of my favorite tracks. You can download the whole thing for free right here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment