Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

July 15, 2009

Video Round-Up


Video Round-Up is a monthly post that collects an assortment of videos from around the web. Whether they be music videos, creative viral marketing, just plain cool, or just plain ridiculous, they will all be found on Video Round-Up every 15th.


The Mars Volta - Since We've Been Wrong

This is more of a behind the scenes of the album recording process, but its a well edited one. I like when the drums kick into full gear and the picture flashes to full screen.




District 9 Viral Video Marketing Campaign

The amazing part about this viral marketing campaign for the upcoming movie District 9, is that apparently people have actually been calling the number to report alien sightings. I love stuff like this.




Jurasic Park Dinosaurs stop by to say Hey!

This is entirely stupid, yet some of them make me laugh everytime.




Jonathan Mann - I've been trying to sneeze for 24 hours

Jonathan Mann, also known as The Game Jew, has been writing a song every day for 186 days! I haven't been following it too closely, but I check in from time to time. This one amused me.




The Sound of Animals Fighting -
Another Leather Lung & I, The Swan


I'm a big fan of TSOAF, but they can be extremely pretentious. Their music, while great, isn't as revolutionarily original as they would like to tell you at every opportunity. But if you ignore all their talk and just listen to the music then they are a great band. I only wish that all the members would put this project in their number 1 spot as I'm not a fan of any of the respective members other bands, except RX Bandits. Anyway, here are some music videos they just released for 2 songs on their last cd The Ocean and the Sun, the first one is much better but they are both pretty interesting.







5 Second Videogame Videos

A design website by the name of greyscalegorilla is doing a five second project with a theme of old school video games. There are hundreds of great videos over HERE but I can't figure out how to embed any except the ones that were embedded on bitmob. That's alright though because those were really good as well. So I leave you with some 5 second game videos. Enjoy!



Old Video Games from Citizen Spain on Vimeo.





Old Video Games from Lawrence Digges on Vimeo.





TETRIS- 5sec VideoGame Contest from Eugene Chu on Vimeo.


5 comments:

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

You don't like circa survive? That's surprising.

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

They were a resounding meh in my opinion. Is there a member of Portugal The Man in TSOAF? I like them too.

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

No I don't think so. I think ont he first album the keyboardist or something was in the band. Not too sure. But yea portugal is one of my favorite bands.

Also if you ever want a couple more videos for one of these posts I'd be glad to oblidge. I visit collegehumor daily and lovw atching the videos they put there. I could bookmark some of my favorites and send them to you. is this a monthly thing?

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

Yeah, shooting for the 15th with it. It probably would be weekly if we had a bigger post count but I don't want stuff like this to clutter up the real articles that our site will mainly concentrate on. Original stuff should be the focus, but stuff like this is a fun aside.

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

Yea I feel you. I can't wait until we can have the first paragraph of the post on the main page then a link to take you to the full article.

Post a Comment