Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

November 30, 2010

Video Round-Up: Water & Fire Edition

 Video Round-Up is a weekly post collecting an assortment of videos from around the web. Whether they be music videos, creative viral marketing, just plain cool, or just plain ridiculous, they will all be found on Video Round-Up.

We have the makings of a quality Round-Up this week: HD trailers, well produced video game parodies, knowledge, and the most wonderfully adorable kitten video in the world. Let's see if I can underhype this post anymore within.



For the eleven million niche gamers, a reminder why Azeroth is drastically altered. I don't like this cinematic as much as I enjoyed the movie for the Wrath of the Lich King (which had an impressive narrative), but it is still excellent. Details you'll miss if you don't play WoW: the submersion of Booty Bay, the flooding of Thousand Needles, and that's enough to put any reader to sleep so I will stop.



If only more video game-related comedy videos could have such high production value. The jokes are written, as opposed to the more random nonsense you'll find on YouTube that, I admit, can be funny itself. (Featuring Patrick Warburton.)



This video has no dislikes on YouTube. It is incredible.



I post this partly as a credit to the picture quality and editing prowess, and partly because my home city, Atlanta, hosts this aquarium, and I'm happy to see directors working there. Atlanta is trying to become a film-friendly city with festivals and shows (The Walking Dead), and I'm happy about that. My point is that we just don't have enough hipsters. Never have enough hipsters.

2 comments:

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

That WoW trailer made me think about actually trying that game, but I barely have time to play 6 hour games so I think I'll pass still. And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to not smile when watching that Secret Kitten video.

Chris Whitehead said...

Yes! I honestly had a great time playing WoW, but I got tired after 125 hours. I think every gamer should get into an MMO even if it's a short run, because the experience of the massiveness is great.

Post a Comment