Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

February 17, 2012

The Aquabats! Drop Promo for The Aquabats! Super Show, Premiering March 3rd


It's a good week to be a fan of musicians with TV shows, because following the mc chris cartoon teaser is a promo for The Aquabats! Super Show. If you're a parent like me, you probably hate all of the shows that your kids like. My only exception is Yo Gabba Gabba!, which both my daughter and I enjoy in our own way. One of the main reasons I like that show is because it was co-created by Christian Jacobs, a.k.a. MC Bat Commander of The Aquabats!, one of the zaniest bands around, who also put on one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

It's rare that a band can make both the parent and their child laugh with their goofy lyrics, but Aquabats succeeded in doing that for my daughter and I with their last release, Hi-Five Soup!, which I reviewed here. (There are so many weird punctuation situations in this post because of their love for exclamation points.) So it's only natural that they release a kid's show of their own. And that's what they've got coming on The Hub Network, Saturday March 3rd, 11 a.m. EST.

I don't know about you, but I'm gonna go buy some sugary cereal and wake up early (11 is early when you work second shift) on Saturday with my kid so we can watch The Aquabats! Super Show! Hit the jump for the show's promo ad and get excited to act like a kid again.

1 comments:

Matt Giguere said...

Looks to be awesome!

Post a Comment