Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

April 10, 2009

Ridiculous RPG Sound Effects




I've been playing a lot of older RPG's lately and something caught my attention. Maybe when I was younger I didn't notice, but there are some ridiculous sound effects in these games. Maybe they just had a cd collection of random sounds and they found a way to shoehorn them into the games.



I've got three examples to give here. 1. The dragons in Suikoden sound like elephants. 2. Some monsters in Wild Arms sound like monkeys and 3. others sound like cats. The combination of these three occurances makes me want to believe that back in the 90's, when someone was making an RPG, they'd pull out their animal sounds cd and figure out which sounds to use. I'm sure thats not what happened, but thinking that it did makes me smile, and that's all that counts.



Just listen to the sounds this monster makes when it attacks and when its hit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment