Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

April 27, 2009

Creativity


and inspiration.

There was a time when the right music, photo, or creatively arranged words would send me into a euphoric state of mind where my bones and blood would work together to ensure what happens next would be absolute bliss. I find a great deal of trouble in even writing a blog entry these days. For someone who has always had "so much to say", what could be the problem?

Do colours and sounds fade in beauty as you age? This is the biggest fear I've had in a long time. But I'll consider my situation for a minute before saying I'm all grown up and boring. I've never had such a challenge in school as I do now. I spend more than most of my time at school, on the bus to school, or at home doing school work. My whole life school was just down the street, now it's in another city, 2 hour bus ride each way. The bus is the easiest mode of transportation on my metaphorical wallet, and I need as much ease there as is possible. I don't want to talk details about my money woes here, or my longdistance lovelife, as my point is simply this: this is the first time I have lessened in creativity as things got rough.

I don't know what I was planning on saying here. Is this a call for advice? Cry for help? or just a warning?

I'll choose a condition. This is a public realization. Music, literature, photography, great films; they are not in any short supply. But as I've been scanning through every picture by the thousands, I've taken fractions of a millisecond less of a look each time. So, I guess here is my wondrous thought for the night, give art a second. I'm a freaking student, what am I doing taking shit so seriously. We all know we've seen and heard a million great things. We are trying to fit as many in before we die as we can. (This is where my blood starts going) Never let appreciation become habitual, love diluted, never pass anything up.

(this is old and outdated, for some reason was never posted.)

1 comments:

ATC 1982 said...

I think colors and sounds depending on how you look at them increase with age. Take a pickle for example with the color green. While young they are just pickles and good to eat. As you get older you begin to notice texture, smells and other things about them over time.

Great Article.

Post a Comment