Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

December 11, 2009

Peter Piper's Pickles




In past giveaways, I've had you leave comments on the site to enter. But this time that bored me a little. I still wanted more comments on the site, but I wanted to spice it up a bit. Plus, I needed a way to make sure that the comment you were leaving was with the contest in mind, and not just someone who didn't even want the game leaving a comment because they wanted to.

So I made the requirement that all contest entry comments were to include the word 'pickle'. The comments that began to flood my inbox amused me. 46 of them in total, but these are a few choice cuts. I hope you enjoy.


ATC 1982 has left a new comment on your post "What I Want from my PSP": I want more games like Diner Dash on the PSP. Then with the game make it hard to put the pickles on the sandwiches.

undergroundspectre has left a new comment on your post "The Demise of Split Screen Multiplayer": The problem with split screen is that split screen works well with few genres. Racing games like Mario Kart tend to work best, but with FPSes and other genres, you're trying to have a decent match-up with half of the screen at your disposal. Online means no more cramped screens and thousands of opponents to face off against -- that's why gamers tend to prefer it.

Although, there is a case to be made for local multiplayer. Nothing is worse than trying to play with/against family or friends, only to discover that you can't. I was over my cousin's house recently and we were playing Halo 3: ODST's Firefight mode via split-screen. I know that the screen was cramped, but I'd rather have a cramped screen than no local multiplayer and no fun.

I don't remember where, but I had read an article some time ago about a kind of display technology being considered for future televisions that might make it possible for them to project multiple screens. The article could've been all speculation, but if the technology ever becomes reality, local multiplayer will surge in popularity again.

Unfortunately, though, until technology like this becomes available, we'll likely have to pickle (preserve) local multiplayer and save it for a future date.

Shane has left a new comment on your post "Game Review: Dragon Age": Excellent review, Definitely agree with the reverse role played by the elves, had to start that as my origin line as well.

Only thing I thought was a bit disturbing was the Pickle On Pickle action, maybe its just because i've always been a Standard Traditional Vlassic sort of guy, U know good ol Pickle in the Pie sort of guy.

overall this has been a great game to play, too bad MW2 game out so close to it, its been a pickle toss to see which one I'll play

undergroundspectre has left a new comment on your post "Resident Evil 5 Review": RE5 was kind of a mixed bag for me. I liked it as a game, but as a Resident Evil game, I thought RE5 could've used plenty more horror. Even an encounter with El Gigante (an enemy with skin that probably has more bumps on it than a pickle), one of the toughest enemies from RE4, doesn't do a lot to make the player feel scared.

Horror aside, though, RE5 does offer solid action and fun gameplay. It's worth checking out.

ATC 1982 has left a new comment on your post "Hipsters / End of Civilization": I know something not trendy women can do. Like use Pickles instead of cucumbers on there face when going to the spa.

ATC 1982 has left a new comment on your post "The Boys: Thoughts on the Series": So in the next issue do they show her getting food for Butcher. Then he takes his burger opens it up and makes her beg for the pickles? Gotta say it would be an interesting plot twist.

undergroundspectre has left a new comment on your post "The Negatives of a Patched World": I don't know if we need to go as far as penalizing developers, but there should be more thorough testing. Bringing home a game and not being able to play it because of a major bug or not being able to connect online can be like unexpectedly biting into a sour pickle. Bugs that prevent major game functionality should be found and taken care of prior to release.

However, it also must be noted that given the size and complexity of games today -- especially open-world titles -- there are bound to be some bugs in some games that probably won't be caught until after release.

Chris Davidson has left a new comment on your post "Game Review: Dragon Age": Hey what are the achievements like in this game? That's a really big deciding factor in whether or not I play a game now. Are they like Mass Effect where the achievements consist of getting max level with every character, or more like collect x/100 pickles scattered across the world.


So there was a peak into my inbox during the week of the Dragon Age contest. It kept me entertained. So thanks to all who entered and got creative with the guidelines.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

lunette oakley
germany world cup jersey
nike outlet
new balance femme
michael kors
wedding dress
jordans
hogan
michael kors
dansko outlet
2018.4.2chenlixiang

Post a Comment