Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

February 27, 2010

Insufficient Funds: Jordan Jesse Go!


Insufficient Funds is a regular post in which we feature a free, or very close to it, piece of media that you can enjoy without overdrafting your bank account.

I'm trying to get away from always featuring games with Insufficient Funds, but I didn't feel like searching out any pay-what-you-want downloadable CDs or short films on YouTube. Instead, I'll turn to what I know, and I know podcasts.

Jordan Jesse Go has no real set purpose to inform or to educate, only to entertain. Any topic of conversation is on the table with Jesse Thorn, host of The Sound of Young America, and Jordan Morris from the deep cable channel Fuel TV.

Hilarious guests like Chris Hardwick, Paul F. Tompkins, and John Hodgman add to the show, but Jordan and Jesse are the main draw. With improv backgrounds, they can easily play off of each other completely unprompted.

I started listening around episode 90, and have recently gone back and downloaded all of the back episodes. I am now into the 80s, and have enjoyed every second. Even episodes several years old are still hilarious, which means you've got 125 to work through should you need entertainment on a long, long, long car ride.

But I lied before when I said they didn't inform. I've certainly been informed of amazingly ridiculous things like this from listening:



Subscribe in iTunes here or go to the website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment