Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

December 21, 2010

Video Round-Up: Best of 2010 Edition Part 3

Video Round-Up is a weekly post collecting an assortment of videos from around the web. Whether they be music videos, creative viral marketing, just plain cool, or just plain ridiculous, they will all be found on Video Round-Up.

Once again, I'm pulling out old videos from Video Round-Ups throughout the year. If you missed it, then enjoy! If you saw and loved it, then enjoy again! This week we have some fascinating art, some confusing ridiculous...art (?), a meme-orgy, and music worthy of the "Best of 2010" label that I still haven't gotten around to buying.



I don't really follow the art world, but this "kinetic sculpture" thing that Chris posted on a past Round-Up is fascinating to me. One time I went to see an exhibit of chairs for an art class I took in community college. Some of them looked pretty comfortable, the one that was made from a shopping cart didn't. I'd have preferred staring at these moving pieces instead.



In Part 1 of the Best of 2010 Video Round-Ups I featured a video which Chris had featured forever ago, back at the beginning of the year. It was all Dada-like and crazy, with giant teddy bears climbing out of the ocean and over the highway. This is by the same guy, only focused on cows. It's weird and creepy, but my favorite part is just how stupid-ridiculous it is. Also, the music is pretty awesome.



My favorite part of the Internet is the wealth of creative types making creative things with the stupidest of memes. I never thought I'd be bobbing my head to a song formed from an amalgamation of boob-slapping, panda screeching, child screaming, and over-the-top man-crying, but, there you go.



When Chris first featured this video I was surprised to find that I thoroughly enjoyed the song. I have absolutely no nostalgia for the type of soul music that Cee Lo is creating, but even so I was sucked into the silky-smooth pop beats of this cusstastic hit song. Then I forgot about it. Now it's popping up on Best of the Year music lists everywhere, a reminder that I need to get my ass in gear and pick up the album. Consider this your reminder as well.

1 comments:

Chris Whitehead said...

Glad you like Cyriak! I love those videos so much, and I can't really explain why.

I really like this Best Of deal. It's been great to see these videos again.

Post a Comment