Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

March 15, 2011

Video Round-Up: Awful Music Edition

Video Round-Up is a weekly post collecting an assortment of videos from around the web. Whether they be music videos, creative viral marketing, just plain cool, or just plain ridiculous, they will all be found on Video Round-Up.

In this edition of the Video Round-Up, I aim to destroy your very soul through the power of terrible music. I'm sorry, but it had to be done. It's a warning to future generations that not everyone can make good music even with a lot of money and/or fame. After I destroy you with two new AWFUL songs, I will attempt to heal your bleeding eardrums, though, they will likely be beyond repair. If I knew how to force a manditory stopping point on a YouTube video, I would make you stop listening at 10 seconds in just to assure myself you didn't get brave and attempt it any further. You've been warned.




Kim Kardashian (You know, that chick that's famous for having a sex tape?) is making music now. You might think that she'd be able to afford a much better singer to sing the song for her, but for some reason she has not opted to do that. You also might expect that a talented wordsmith would be well within her budget and could help her craft a clever hit single that doesn't make her look like a complete moron. Somehow this idea also escaped her. So, we're left with this.



You might have thought that last song was awful, but you have yet to experience the worst song ever created. Honestly the best way for me to mock this song is to just directly quote it.

"We're kickin' in the front seat. Sittin' in the back seat. Gotta make my mind up, which seat can I taaaaaaaaaake?" I've gotta know which she'll choose. Admit it, you're curious as well.

"Yester-day was Thursday. Thursday. Too-oo-day is Friday. Friday. We we we so excited. We so excited. We gonna have a ball too-day. Tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwaaaaaards. I don't want this weekend to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend." I probably had a lot of trouble with my days of the week as a child. I mean, I assume I did, because I can't really remember being that young. She's a bit older, but maybe she's having some trouble working it out. I heard a good way to remember things is to make a song out of them, so she did.

I really need to give proper credit to my friend Frank Anderson for posting this video on Facebook where I unwittingly clicked on it. Hey, Frank? Fuck you, buddy.



I love digging through NPR's collection of "Tiny Desk Concerts" when I need something new to listen to. Here's one I missed back when it was posted. I really enjoyed Villagers' debut CD and am eagerly awaiting more from him.



Fleet Foxes and their penchant for harmonizing to create beauty like I've never heard from a band of bearded men blew me away. Now I can't wait for their new album coming out this Spring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment