Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

February 26, 2009

New Discoveries in Shadow of the Colossus

Shadow of the Colossus is without a doubt my favorite video game ever made. It's the only game that I bothered playing countless hours just to get new items and reach new places that don't even do anything. I spent probably 2 hours or more trying to get to the top of the temple just to see the secret garden, and then just ran around it as long as possible. That being said, I don't go to the extreme lengths many people do to find secrets in games they love, but I'll always be glad that there are people out there that do. The few that spend insane amounts of time trying to glitch through walls or hack roms of the game have my highest praise. They provide us with amazing finds like this one. My mind is filled with wonderment as I imagine the game we would have if Team Ico had put all of these extra things in. It makes me want to go play through SotC again, and I think I just might do that.

5 comments:

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

This is a game I always wanted to play but never got a chance. tat video was pretty weird. I think it was just done by someone with WAAAAYYYYY too much time on their hands

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

Oh man. You NEED to play it! Did you play Ico? If not then you need to play both of them. So beautiful, such subtle storytelling that lets your mind race with tons of different conclusions, such intense feelings both of those games can give you. I can think of moments in both of them where I was hit with sadness that no game before had ever made me feel, or the feeling of wonder and exploration the world gives you, or the intense feelings the colossus battles give you when a giant thing is coming toward you and you're going oh shit oh shit I gotta hide! Ico provided the only companion that you had to take care of that you wanted to watch out for. Most games they pissed you off but in Ico you never stopped worrying about her when you had to leave her alone for a little bit to do something. Team Ico is making the kinds of games that I want video games to become. And sure, this guy has probably spent way to much time on this game, but it's few games that would inspire someone to do that, and I'm glad there are people that do because that dam or whatever intrigues the hell out of me.

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

Do they have it for xbox? and im not sure what ico is

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

No, both are only on ps2. Ico was Team Ico's first game. The two games are loosely related, but I'll save from telling you why as thats an end game SotC spoiler.

ATC 1982 said...

Maybe they may update this for the PS3. I know I would like to really explore this game at that time.

Post a Comment