Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

March 10, 2009

February Music Wrap-up



I've noticed on a lot of different blogs that they do monthly mixtapes and put up mp3's for you to download. While I like the idea so that I might be able to expose people to music they haven't heard, I thought about the fact that I myself would probably be too lazy to download each mp3 and try them out unless I had already heard of the band. So I took it a step further and I'm going to post embedded players so that you all can easily click, listen, and decide if you like it or not. So here you go, we'll call this the Musical Sampling for the month of February even though there are some recent releases in there as well. Just make note of the fact that these are for sampling purposes only. They'll be removed from the file site I have them on when I do this again in a month. If you like what you hear then purchase some merchandise from the band, go see them in concert, write them a crazy obsessive fan letter. If you're a pissed off band or record company then I will definitely obey your cease and desist notices, I'm just trying to help though so don't sue me please.



Thursday - Beyond the Visible Spectrum


Propagandhi - Supporting Caste


Lily Allen - Not Fair


Fake Problems - You're a Serpent, You're a She-Snake


Cursive - Caveman


Cursive - From the Hips


Dan Deacon - Get Older


...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - Isis Unveiled





These things can be a little janky, at least on my end. Sometimes they play right away, other times not. Try refreshing the page if you have any issues. I'll try to find something better before next month if there are a bunch of problems.


5 comments:

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

This is an awesome idea. Gotta teach me ho to do this. Propagandhi reminds me of this punk band I used to listen to called 88 Finger Louie, you should check them out.

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

I'm well aware of 88 Fingers Louie, members of which went on to form Rise Against who slowly turned into a very boring and repetetive band. I miss the good ol' 88 Fingers Louie.

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

Oh man did they really? Rise against are really really corny. Do you know which members?

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

I looked on wikipedia to find out for sure but apparently Joe Principe and Dan Wleklinski (under the moniker of "Mr. Precision") went on to form the widely successful Rise Against. They were the guitarist and bassist.

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

I see. Widely successful? I dont know about that now

Post a Comment