Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

June 05, 2009

EA Sports Active: Day 15 (The Reassured)



I've reached the halfway point of my journey. Oddly though, Bob Greene appeared on my TV to congratulate me on that 2 days ago, maybe he's done some drugs in his day. If I seem much more upbeat in this post then I did 5 days ago it's because there was actually some weight loss this time. I am down to 237 pounds. That's 6 and a half pounds lighter then the last update and 11 and a half pounds lighter then my starting weight. I feel like Active has talked me down from the ledge and reassured me that it is going to work.

I'm not sure what else to talk about in this update so it'll probably be a short one. My resistance band started to rip at the handle so I had to shorten it up a bit, I'll have to get around to actually calling customer support about their junky stuff soon. Also, I feel like a broken record but the inline skating game is the most broken thing I've ever played. I took the nunchuk out of the leg strap and tried multiple ways to get it to read my jumps. I held it flat and then jerked it up and straight as if I was jumping and nothing. I can't even attempt to play that one because it only maybe reads one of my jumps and then my trainer proceeds to tell me how terrible I was at it and that we'll have to revisit it again. If anything makes you want to throw a controller its something like that.

I've started doing daily Twitter updates with the game so be sure to check those out. With all the fitness games shown at E3 I'm curious how Active will hold up. It's obviously working for me but a lot of that might be my diet. My wife really wants Your Shape so maybe I'll be doing another 30 day blog series with that game when it comes out. I hope by that point I'll have reached my goal though.

Follow my Saga:
The Intent
Twitter Updates
Day 1
Day 5
Day 10


0 comments:

Post a Comment