Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

June 10, 2009

EA Sports Active: Day 20 (The Unsupported Customer)



The slump seems to be over. I'm down another 4 and a half pounds now. What's with all the half pounds? My scale seems to always say .5 but never .2 or .4 or .7. Either way that puts me at a total weight loss of 16 pounds. I'm 33.5 pounds away from my end goal. I might be able to finish this sometime in July at this rate, as long as the leg strap and resistance band hold out for that long.

I pulled out the instruction book for the game this morning and went looking for the warranty information. Upon reading it through I realized that unless I sent them the defective item as well as my reciept of purchase, I wouldn't be able to get replacements. So EA has decided to bundle their game with the thinnest resistance band I've ever seen thats prone to snap randomely, and a leg strap that rips apart at the seams when you put it around your leg, and then not provide an easy way to replace them. It's understandable for them to want proof, but I want to be able to continue playing their game, not wait for replacements for their defective equipment. Not to mention that hardly anybody saves their reciept, though I think I did I just can't find it.

I guess if the leg strap finishes ripping in half I'll just have to find a way to repair it myself or buy my own replacement. I'll probably already be purchasing a new resistance band, one that is not meant to be bundled with a video game. Maybe they will fix this problem and provide better quality equipment in the future.

Follow my Saga:
The Intent
Daily Twitter Updates
Day 1
Day 5
Day 10
Day 15

3 comments:

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

Good stuff Alex. In regards to the receipt thing, I now always save my receipt when i purchase a game. I've a couple instances where the game will say unreadable disk. After the second time i decided to save every receipt for the game and tuck it under the booklet in the box.

aliar said...

Yeah i have a problem with receipts too. I lost the receipt for half of my school books and my laptop. Now everybook I buy gets a receipt for a bookmark. I don't know what I'll do with my next laptop, but I have to stop losing these receipts.

And congrats on getting the Wii excersizes going good. I can see the product breaking easy, but I'm sure you can rig up some real training equipment with it, make it last.

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

Yeah I need to save the reciepts better, but when the wrist straps were snapping on wiimotes causing them to fly into tv's, Nintendo sent out stronger straps to everyone and then those rubber sleeves later, all at no additional cost and with no reciept needed. Why can't EA do the same? They are obviously a big enough company to foot the bill for their shoddy equipment.

Post a Comment