Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

June 24, 2009

Top 5 Most Wanted PS1 Games on PSN


With PSN getting a lot of attention lately what with Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 7, and Metal Gear Solid all right in a row, I thought I would take the time to highlight some of the PS1 games I'd like to see come to the service. My list might seem a little RPG heavy but can you really blame me? Along with the SNES, the PS1 was one of the best systems ever for RPG's.





5. Parasite Eve - While it may have been extremely short, and had an incredibly difficult final boss, there's still something about Parasite Eve that draws me in. The mix of survival horror and RPG was, and still is pretty orginal.





4. Chrono Cross - I think when I played this, I was still the snotty teenager who wrote it off because it wasn't the Chrono Trigger sequel I had wanted. As a result I never got very far in it, and then I traded it away to a friend. Nowadays I'm very curious to go back and play it and finally see what it's like.





3. The Oddworld Games - Something about these guys always fascinated me, even though I haven't ever played any of them. Something tells me that a lot of people are in the same boat as me. While critically acclaimed, the series was never a huge seller. I'd love to be able to play the first 2 games on my PSP.





2. Grandia - I had never even heard of Grandia when I unwrapped it one Christmas morning. In a rare moment of paying attention to what I liked, my mother had bought me an RPG I hadn't even asked for just because she knew I like them. I nervously thanked her as I thought of how horrible a game it probably was, she knew nothing about games so I assumed this one was probably the bottom of the barrel. Boy was I wrong, I loved this game. So much so that I've returned to it at least 4 times throughout my life. Something about the epic adventure feel of it, I just can't get enough.




1. Suikoden 2 - People are still paying almost $100 for this on Ebay! If any series needs to have as little a barrier to entry as possible, it's this one. So many people missed out on this truly amazing game, and a PSN release would be the easily accessible entry point that they need. Everyone should flood PSN and download the original Suikoden so that the sequel will be sure to get a release. If you need further enticing, read my article on the series. Trust me though, if you are a fan of RPG's in the least and haven't played Suikoden 1 and 2, you are doing a disservice to yourself. Go buy the first now! OK, rant over.


So that's my list. Anybody else have any suggestions of what they'd like to see up on PSN?

5 comments:

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

oh my god. I had abes world and it was such a good game. The graphics were some of the best on the ps1. I think you might be able to buy the game on Steam for the computer.

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

You can get it on steam. I'm not sure if steam is free or not. I think it is, but i got steam through half life 2. But you can get both games for 10$ eachon steam.

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

I have both of them for ps1 already, I just don't get a lot of console gaming time. It's much easier for me to play games on my handhelds.

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

ah i see

Unknown said...

5.20llllllyuanlongchamp pliage
louboutin pas cher
jordan pas cher
nike blazer pas cher
burberry outlet online
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton neverfull
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
michael kors uk
prada outlet
timberland boots
fitflop clearance
ralph lauren outlet
ralph lauren shirts
cheap nfl jerseys
cheap mlb jerseys
cheap snapbacks
rolex watches
pandora jewelry
thomas sabo uk
herve leger outlet
longchamp outlet
links of london
swarovski jewelry
nike air force 1
lacoste polo shirts
soccer jerseys
5.20llllllyuan

Post a Comment