Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

November 22, 2009

Tycho - Coastal Brake

2X combo points: beautiful sound, beautiful imagery.

Tycho is the electronic music project of Californian artist Scott Hansen. His taste in music matches his taste in art; both emitting that warm, pseudo-retro tranquility that gives the sensation of floating in colour, a sensation I have not been able to find anywhere else.


Under the alias of iso50, his website, blog, and portfolio is a regularly updated collection of art and music where the line is sometimes hard to see. His own artwork, while genuine and unique, seems as if its something you've seen as a child, playing with that wonderful feeling of nostalgia.


I've purchased a 12" of the album "Past is Prologue" and as it arrived lost the use of my record player. MP3s of the album are constantly playing and, along with Boards of Canada and the Books, is getting me through college without losing my mind. The pre-order for the single "Coastal Brake" was announced earlier this month, along with three remixes and a fold out poster of alternative artwork.

I suggest you listen to the previews yourself. > blog.iso50.com

Although his art pieces are more than I can see myself spending, they are all something I want to have hanging on my walls.

Tycho - The Daydream


On a side note I want to copyright the use of "pseudo-retro tranquility".

0 comments:

Post a Comment