Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

November 18, 2009

Trailer Park for November 20th


Trailer Park is a weekly post, every thursday, where we feature trailers for the upcoming weekend movie releases.


I probably should have put a picture of New Moon up there, as I usually post a picture of the biggest movie of the week, and then have that trailer featured first, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I even went so far as search 'New Moon' on Google Images, but what I was greeted with made me question even doing this Trailer Park in the first place. So I'm just going to ignore that movie. Except for all that stuff I just said about it. And I guess I'll probably put a link to the trailer in the Other Releases section. But besides that, consider it ignored!


Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans




I don't think I've even seen a Werner Herzog movie, but I've learned one thing in my movie watching experience. The quality of a movie is always directly proportional to the quality of the director. Herzog has plenty of buzz behind him, so I'm curious about this movie, it's as simple as that. Besides, pretty much nothing else worthwhile is coming out this week.


Other Releases:
New Moon
The Blind Side
Planet 51
Broken Embraces
Mammoth
The Missing Person
Red Cliff


What will you be seeing?


3 comments:

Jake said...

I'm not gonna lie. I am not looking forward to Bad Lieutenant at all. Mainly because of Nicolas Cage.

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

Yeah, Cage is normally terrible, but the few times he hasn't been terrible it's been with a good director. Adaptation with Spike Jonze, Raising Arizona with the Coen Brothers. Maybe Herzog will also be able to pull a good performance out of him.

Jazz English said...

You guys are just haters. Nicolas Cage is one of the only men who can play the same role when he is a trained assassin, when he is a psychic delinquent, a historian, and even Marvel super hero on a motorbike. That takes fucking skill!

Post a Comment