Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

November 26, 2009

Trailer Park: Thanksgiving Weekend


Trailer Park is a weekly post, every thursday, where we feature trailers for the upcoming weekend movie releases.


My wife thinks that it's a very weird thing to do, but my family always went out to see a movie Thanksgiving night. We definitely weren't the only ones. Despite my wife's misunderstanding of this tradition, it's pretty commonplace. How else can you explain the existence of the Robin Williams/John Travolta vessel, Old Dogs? You can't. But if nothing else piques your interest on this week's release list, then perhaps you should check out The Fantastic Mr. Fox, which is finally going wide.


The Road




It's uncommon that a book I've actually read is adapted in movie form, as I'm not one of these Lit Losers, which is a phrase I just invented -- so this presents me the rare opportunity to act pithy and stuck-up about all the things that the movie got wrong. For instance, casting Charlize Theron in an attempt at having another big name on the poster is negligable as... well, nevermind. I'll just say, that the best part of this trailer, is the Wilhelm Scream they used at 2:10 or so. Really? We're still using that? Alright.


Ninja Assassin




Remember, I think it was late last year, that video game Ninja Blade came out? Everyone was commenting about how it was unfathomable that a game hadn't been named that yet. That's how I feel about this movie. This hasn't been done before? But I'm not saying that in a negative way, because if it hasn't then it was necessary. I applaud the people behind finally bringing this to theaters. Bravo guys, bravo.


Other Releases:
Old Dogs
Me and Orson Welles
The Princess and the Frog
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee


What will you be seeing?


2 comments:

Jazz English said...

I tried to see Ninja Assassin's tonight but couldn't. Really can't wait, though. Lately, I find myself craving mindless media with guns, quick jokes, killing, sex, and swearing. I feel that this movie will feed this new need of mine quite nicely.

ATC 1982 said...

I want to see The Princess and the Frog with my daughter. As I think the witch doctor uses a pickle formula to turn the people into frogs. :)

Post a Comment