Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

September 10, 2009

Trailer Park: Sept. 9th/11th


Trailer Park is a weekly post, every thursday, where we feature trailers for the upcoming weekend movie releases.


Once again, only one release this weekend that I'd even think of seeing. Still, I'm more excited for 9 then I was Extract. If that's a hint that we are slowly climbing out of this movie dumping ground then I'll take it.


9




Yet another example of a director breaking into Hollywood via his short film. 9, just like District 9 (coincidence?) was originally a short by Shane Acker that got noticed by some big names. Now he's been given the opportunity to make it a full length. I'm a fan of darker adult-like movies being made in CG or other styles normally left to kids movies, so I'm looking forward to 9 quite a bit.


Sorority Row




Isn't this I Know What You Did Last Summer? Maybe they should have called it I Know What You Did Last Semester? And how do you stab a tire iron into someones chest? Still, I like the tagline. Theta Pi... or die! Now that's marketing.


Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All by Myself




Who keeps giving Tyler Perry money to make movies? If you know, I'd appreciate it if you told them to knock it off please. It's not that I don't think he should be allowed to make movies. It's that he makes SO MANY OF THEM! And if you're going to make a serious drama, maybe you shouldn't pull an Eddie Murphy and dress up like a bunch of stupid characters? Just an idea.


Other Releases:
Whiteout
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
White on Rice
No Impact Man

1 comments:

Dan W Manhattan Ph.D said...

I think Tyler Perry should make a movie about a fat grandmother who must get her estranged family back together....oh wait...

Post a Comment