Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

September 29, 2010

Shuffled: Justification Edition

Every other Wednesday I hit the shuffle button on my 90 gigabytes of music and post the results. I might have to justify some of the stuff in my library, but hopefully it will help inform you of new music -- Or at least be entertaining.

Well, I knew I'd be justifying parts of my music library at some point, and it seems I'll be doing that twice this week. Don't judge my tastes! Luckily, the majority of the playlist is completely justified in it's own right. I mean, if you question The Beatles, you don't deserve to be a music fan. Anyway, let's get to the judging.



Track #1
Meatloaf - The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

Alright! So I like Meatloaf! Dude is awesome and epic and belts out a ballad and then rocks the fuck out on a piano and sings about bats coming straight out of hell and shit! Sorry, I went all bro there, but Meatloaf is a bad-ass no matter what you say.

Track #2
Yael Naim - Levater

So, this CD is actually in my library because of my wife, but I'm not making excuses. If I hated it I wouldn't have left it in there. I was more surprised that I didn't hate it a few years ago, but now I'm alright with liking stuff like Norah Jones. Maybe this is all my wife's fault.

Track #3
Death Cab for Cutie - All is Full of Love

I've never really gotten into Death Cab, but the stuff I like the most is from around this song. It's off of The Stability EP, which was released just after Photo Album. I yanked my brother's copy of We Have The Facts and We're Voting Yes from his room, which preceded Photo Album, so I've always been most nostalgic about that time of their career.

Track #4
The Beatles - Oh! Darling

There isn't anything I could say about The Beatles that you don't know already.

Track #5
Toys That Kill - Ass Mirror (Puckered Lips)

Toys That Kill formed following the "break-up" of F.Y.P., but they're essentially the same band. It was more of a re-branding. They're easily one of my favorite bands, but when I went to see them I showed up to an empty club that the band had already left. Clearly, they deserve a few more fans than that. I'd recommend F.Y.P.'s Toys That Kill, or Toys That Kill's Citizen Abortion first. Yeah, they adopted their new name from their last album's name. It's a bit confusing, but worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment