Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

September 20, 2010

Video Round-Up: Musical Edition

Video Round-Up is a weekly post collecting an assortment of videos from around the web. Whether they be music videos, creative viral marketing, just plain cool, or just plain ridiculous, they will all be found on Video Round-Up.

Chris is off on vacation, so I'm back again, hitting you with an all musical edition of the Video Round-Up. From a capella and auto-tune, to pop rock and rap, it's all across the board. You'll laugh, you'll gasp, you'll... I don't know, maybe cry; Whatever you do, you'll hopefully be entertained.



I don't know why I like this video so much when I hate things like jokes about old women and kids saying dirty things. There are just so many levels to this one though. The random tennis rackets, the beat-boxing girl, or the chick with the racket on the right hand side that gets really into it after awhile. Plus, it's my style to take something so incredibly offensive and embrace it in an ironic sort of way. These girls could have put up some video blog about how misogynistic this song is, but this video is a much funnier solution.



OK Go have almost based their entire music career off of being "Those guys with the crazy videos." While I'm not really a fan of the band's music, their creativity when making music videos is something to respect in a time when no one anywhere gives a shit about music videos anymore.



I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I haven't really paid much attention to the auto-tune the news people. Apparently they've been auto-tuning the crap out of whatever popular YouTube video people suggest, from Antoine Dodson, to the double rainbow guy, to the recently dubbed Bronado here.



If you're an avid gamer, you'll probably appreciate the work of Duane and BrandO. I really know nothing about them, but I've become a fan of their YouTube videos. They pick out classic games and summarize the entire plot in rap form. This is one of my favorites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment