Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

October 31, 2009

October Music Wrap-Up/Alex's Halloween Playlist


The Music Wrap-Up is a monthly summary of our favorite and other notable new releases. Please support these musicians as that's the reason we're featuring them in the first place.

The Playlist is a collection of music our favorite music. Not new, maybe not notable, but great music that we love and want to share.


This new way of doing the Music Wrap-Up doesn't seem to be working out. I couldn't find a majority of the music that I wanted to feature available on YouTube. Luckily though, it's Halloween, and I've decided to also kick off the weekly Playlist idea I've been kicking around. What better time to start then with a Halloween themed version? Enjoy!


The October Wrap-Up




The Albums (in order of appearance)


Weezer - Raditude - I've really only ever gotten into Pinkerton and The Blue Album. After that I've only passively paid attention to Weezer releases. Having only listened to a few of the songs from Raditude on YouTube, it seems pretty good.

Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg - I also haven't really gotten into Wolfmother, but I know Dan really liked them at one point.

Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School of Medicine - The Audacity of Hype - The best post-Dead Kennedys project Jello has ever been involved with is Lard. I've listened to every single band he has put together. Collaborations with Melvins, DOA, Mojo Nixon, Nomeansno, and on and on... all pretty "meh" worthy. This one seems pretty good though. I'll have to pick up the cd and cross my fingers.

Jesu - Opiate Sun - Jesu is one of those bands I like to listen to in the middle of the night when nobody else is awake. They really convey a completely different atmosphere.

Not Featured

Dark Meat - Truce Opium

Bell Orchestre - Who Designs Nature's How

88 Fingers Louie - Lives

Gogol Bordello - Live from Axis Mundi

The Snake The Cross The Crown - On a Carousel of Sound We Go Round


The Halloween Playlist


Here are some of my favorite slightly Halloween themed songs. Some of them aren't Halloween themed at all, but they are dark or spooky sounding enough that I counted them. And yeah, All Saints Day is technically the day AFTER Halloween, but I stuck that song in there anyway.




0 comments:

Post a Comment