Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

October 01, 2009

Trailer Park: Oct. 2nd



Trailer Park is a weekly post, every thursday, where we feature trailers for the upcoming weekend movie releases.


Is that it? Are we through the worst of it, or is this just the eye of the crap storm? I'm kind of afraid to come out of my shelter for fear I'll get stuck in another downpour of trash.


The Invention of Lying




I really like Ricky Gervais... at least, I think I do. I mean The Office was great right? And I loved the podcasts, but uh... what else has he done? He was in Night at the Museum! Oh... right. How about Ghost Town! Yeeeeeeah, that looked terrible. Well, at least this one is getting good reviews! That's at least a step in the right direction. Now maybe I'll have a chance to be disappointed by him IN the theater instead of just before release.


Whip It




Oh! I love DEVO! Is this movie about them? Oh... crap. Well, it does have Ellen Page in it. She's kind of cute. Although directed by Drew Barrymore is kind of a scary thing to see. She might just be a budding Spielberg though. Right? Maybe?


A Serious Man




This trailer makes my head hurt. It's pretty brilliant, but all I could imagine was a crushing skull and ripping skin and... ugh. I was unaware this movie was coming out so soon. I was all prepared to catch up on all the Coen Brothers classics before this came out as I'm very far behind, but I guess I'm too late.


Other Releases:
Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D
Zombieland
Afterschool
More Than a Game


What will you be seeing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment