Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

May 26, 2009

EA Sports Active: Day 5 (The Overwhelmed)




Today is my fifth day doing the 30 day challenge with EA Sports Active. Apparently they encourage you to have a rest day every third day. Much like the 15 minute break warning on all Wii games, I did it anyway on Sunday. Yesterday being memorial day and all, I had that be my break. Then I ate a bunch of crap at a bonfire. Either way, I've lost 5 pounds since starting.


I decided I should probably watch what I eat when doing this so that it's not pointless. Calorie counting is overwhelming. For the first day or 2 I was wary to eat anything because I'd look at the calories and realize it took me 20 minutes to work that off in the game. So I asked my dad about it when we were visiting as he's an athletic guy. He told me to stay below 2000 calories a day if I want to lose weight. I wish they would give more advice like that within the actual game, that and some more balance board functionality. I got it to read my board after a battery change but for some reason it doesn't give you an option for weighing yourself with it or anything.


The game's been working I guess though. The controls can be really frustrating sometimes. I pointed it out on my Day 1 post but the inline skating controls are terrible. After about 2 or 3 times of it not reading my jump I've begun to just toss down the remote and wait for it to end. Frustration aside, the trudge continues. My leg strap has started to rip apart at the buckle so maybe I'll have a customer support line story to tell you at the next update.


Follow my saga:


The Intent
Day 1

1 comments:

Oregon Slacker said...

Sucks to hear your in such a pickle with the new Wii fit, was thinking of adding this to the christmas list for the little woman, but doesn't sound like it's been beneficial to say the least.. saw only to day 5, any update on how it went?

Post a Comment