Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

May 31, 2009

EA Sports Active: Day 10 (The Discouraged)



Quick update on Day 10, I haven't lost any more weight. Started at 248.5, got down to 243.5 after the first 5 days and that's where I stay today. It's pretty disheartening because we've been working hard on my diet. I say we because my wife makes my lunch while I'm working and then I can swing by and eat, and she's been weighing food and counting calories for everything.

It was decided a few days ago that I should probably be eating more as a length of time in between lunch and dinner combined with an hour long walk led to me passing out. So we bumped it up to 2500 calories. Once again, why doesn't the game help you decide things like this? We based that decision on a site that recommended it from my height and weight, something the game could easily have done as well.

I realize that they are probably gearing this game toward people who already work out regularly to fitness videos and such but if its billing itself as a personal trainer then it should endeavor to provide all the things a personal trainer would provide. Simple help with your diet and exercise routine wouldn't be that hard to include especially since the balance board can take BMI readings.

Maybe a new Wii Fit that isn't completely boring will show up at E3 and I'll switch to that. I thought about getting Personal Trainer Walking for DS so I could become the Jared of video games. I don't really feel like continuing this, but I'll persevere. Peaks and valleys are to be expected, its just frustrating. I changed out the nunchuk I was using and some of the control annoyances got better so maybe my launch-era nunchuks are going bad. I also still haven't ventured into customer support world to see if I can get a replacement leg strap before mine finishes ripping apart, but I'll save that for next time.

Follow my Saga:
The Intent
Day 1
Day 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment