Features

Laura Jane Grace Isn't Going to Ruin Against Me, She's Going to Reinvigorate Them
Morning Glory's Recent Tour Felt Like a Symbolic Farewell to Ezra Kire's Past, Invitation to his Future
Handling Hecklers with MC Chris: An Exploration in Putting Up With or Putting a Stop to Bullshit

Recent Reviews:  To the Moon | Huebrix | Minus the Bear | Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD | Awesomenauts | The Real McKenzies | Breton | Suzanne Ciani

Subscribe to our Podcasts: Sophist Radio | Unoriginal Soundtracks | Shuffled

May 07, 2009

Trailer Park: The Summer Movie Rush



I've been toying with making a regular post that features new movie trailers as they come out. What better time to start it then now, as the flood of summer movies begins. This post will be focused solely on the movies coming out in May to attempt to keep it less cluttered, but hopefully in the future I can find a better way to post these things without so many videos.


The 8th

Star Trek



I've never seen an episode of Star Trek, or any of the movies, and I've never been interested to. JJ Abrams has managed to change that. This is a summer blockbuster if there ever was one.


The 15th

Angels & Demons




The Brothers Bloom



I don't know very much about this film, I'm just going off the buzz for it as well as director Rian Johnson. You probably won't be able to actually see it on the 15th unless you live in New York or LA but it expands on the 29th. There sure are a lot of explosions in this trailer.


The 21st/22nd

Terminator: Salvation



I haven't seen any of the Terminator movies, but I think I might go back and watch them all to get the full experience from this movie. Is it just me or does the Terminator skull at the beginning look like the Donnie Darko bunny guy?

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian



Being the first kids movie of the summer, this might beat Terminator at the box office. It really doesn't interest me, but I've heard people say the first was good. It does have Ricky Gervais in it, but that's probably not enough to get me to go see it.


The 29th

Up



Plenty of people are obsessed with Pixar, I'm not. Then again I think the only movies of theirs I saw have been Cars and Toy Story, I know I sound like a broken record with the whole I've never seen stuff. Still, Pixar certainly puts out quality kids movies that I'll be glad to let my kid watch when she's older.

Drag Me to Hell



The return of Sam Raimi to the horror genre is sure to excite fans of the EvilDead movies, but will the general movie going audience understand his weird blend of comedy, gore, and horror? Probably not. It's sure to be a cult classic though.

2 comments:

Luis Alvarez said...

seen Star Trek twice! it is freakin' amazing!!! just saw The Brothers Bloom yesterday and its freakin' awesome! and i'm going to see Terminator this thursday. the more i see trailers and 'upisodes' the more i wanna see that UP movie too.

Alex R. Cronk-Young said...

I'm hoping that Brothers Bloom comes out somewhere near me next friday. It expanded last friday but didn't come anywhere in Michigan.

I might take my niece to see Up if it doesn't though because I saw a teaser that made me laugh and everyone is so obsessed with Pixar, I feel like I should find out why. The only movies of theirs I've seen are Toy Story and Cars which I think are considered the worst ones so.

Post a Comment